Senior Engineer - Canada Office
Gameview Studios is a leading provider of mobile games. Our technology team provides infrastructure to mange the games and collect, store, analyze, and report on large volumes of in-game activity data.
The senior engineer will design and build our systems using a mix of new and exciting technologies.
- Develop and support the server side technology of new games
- Work closely with other teams to build systems that serve their needs
- Design and build scalable infrastructure to collect and process big amounts of game event data
- Handle responsibility, collaborate and excel in a small team environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- 10+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, structures, algorithm design.
- Experience querying large volumes of data and generating front end reports using either custom or off the shelf software
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, Java, or Python
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including code reviews, source control management, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in *nix environments
- In depth knowledge of database systems and SQL
- Running applications in the cloud, e.g. Amazon EC2, Google Appengine, etc.
- Experience with Hadoop/MapReduce
To apply please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org.